The holidays are a special time for many, but for those who spend the holidays in Scottsdale this is an especially magical time of the year. If you are looking for something for the kids, family, or a cute date night idea, Scottsdale has it during the holiday season.
10) A local DJ and holiday enthusiast, Chris Birkett, puts on an impeccable light show with Winter Wonderland Arizona. This light show spectacular brings wonder and magic back to the families and visitors in Scottsdale. With so many different themes and displays to enjoy along with lights shows that are choreographed and perfectly orchestrated.
9) The small town of Fountain Hills comes together for the holiday season and puts up thousands of lights on the Avenue of the Fountains. During the event you can watch the street come alive with live music, wonderful holiday snacks, and a live nativity scene. Take part in this wonderful event and bring your ice skates for some “Chill in the Hills” skating rink fun!
8) Just north of Scottsdale is the small town Carefree, where the name describes the people that reside there. Join in on the tree lighting, breakfast with Santa, kid’s play zone and so much more! Get in the Christmas spirit with a cozy small town feel.
7) ZooLights at the Phoenix zoo is one of the biggest holiday lights displays in the Southwest. There are numerous displays scattered throughout the zoo and plenty of fun activities to have the kids take part in!
6) The Desert Botanical Gardens glow year round, but really thrive during this wonderful candlelight event of ‘Las Noches de las Luminarias’. Volunteers line the garden pathways with beautiful luminaria bags while you walk the grounds and live music is played. Guests can reserve a table at the restaurant or purchase gourmet bites to enjoy while there. Get your tickets fast because this event sells out every year.
5) Looking for a good way to get the kids out of the house? Take the kids for a drive-thru light show in the metro Phoenix area called ‘Illumination Symphony of Light’. It’s an immersive experience where lights are synchronized to the sounds of classic holiday tunes. After driving through the lights, enjoy some of the featured food vendors and more fun for the kids!
4) Experience one of the amazing places to enjoy the magic of the season at Butterfly Wonderland. The month long event features butterflies from all over the world with wonderful festive displays.
3) McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park offers one of the season’s most enchanting and family-friendly holiday events. The annual train rides feature a wonderland of holiday lights and displays, and the train park has a museum where parents and kids can view working train models on display.
2) Scottdale’s Fairmont Princess Resort throws one of the biggest holiday parties in the Southwest. With an ice skating rink next to a lovely cactus garden, there’s no other place that does that! There is also a stunning light display that cover the resort’s grounds and lagoons with more than 1.6 million lights.
1) Scottsdale knows how to reign in the holiday fun. Scottsdazzle is a month-long holiday event that is carried through Downtown Scottsdale and Old Town. The city’s unique tree imported from Italy, is decorated with more than one million customizable lighting options and glows nightly. There are various holiday events throughout the month as well.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin